Monday, January 8, 2018

Introducing Natasa Kesler

Natasa Kesler, Director of Teaching and Learning at Cascadia College, shares a bit about her work and life. Check it out below:














What do you like most about your job?
It allows me to teach and to share my love for teaching. I’m also very lucky to be surrounded by people I can learn from and whom I admire.

What are three career lessons you’ve learned thus far?
Hard work pays off.
If you can, surround yourself with people who inspire you.
It’s always better to show things than to talk about them.

What is one surprising thing you do as part of your job?
In my office I have a catering cart for our Teaching and Leaning Academy meetings. My students mostly see me dissecting animals and organs so I love seeing their faces when they encounter me pushing the cart with coffee and pastries.

What do you like to do on your days off?
I love hanging out with my family. As our kids grow older, my husband and I are more aware we have limited time left to hang out with them. Biking, hiking, ice skating, sightseeing, anything with them is fun.

Are you messy or organized?
I’m both! My office table is often messy, my library is ready for a major reorganization and none of my kitchen drawers could be featured in Good Housekeeping. On the other hand, my work computer and paper files are well organized and I am intentionally very organized for my students. I also often think and read about different ways to organize knowledge.

If you could be anyone from any time period who would it be and why?
Tina Turner in 1985. I would love to experience having such an amazing singing voice and to sing “Let’s Dance” with David Bowie.

Any favorite line from a movie?
George Sand: I am not full of virtues and noble qualities. I love. That is all. But I love strongly, exclusively and steadfastly. (Impromptu, 1991)

You’re happiest when?

I’m traveling with my family.

If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Several types of cheeses, several type of crackers and The Hugo cocktail.

If your house was burning down, what’s the one non-living thing you would save?

Our passports

Top 3 life highlights?
My family, chats with my best friend, travel

No comments:

Post a Comment