Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Introducing Rhonda DeWitt

Rhonda DeWitt, Coordinator
of Employee Training at Lake
Washington Institute
of Technology
Welcome, Rhonda DeWitt! Rhonda is new to the Five Star Consortium. Learn more about her below! 

What do you like most about your job?

The people. The true compassion that our faculty and staff have for helping our students be successful.

 

What are three career lessons you’ve learned thus far?

Carry yourself in the manner in which you wish to be remembered, yet stay authentic to yourself. I found that I can be a respected professional and remain a little goofy.
Embrace your strengths and hone them in the workplace so that your work is a product of YOU.
Yale has nothing on us. I was a temp to hire there during our short stint on the east coast. Sure, they are a respectable place, but I am so happy and proud of what we do here in WA State in our CTC system!

What is one surprising thing you do as part of your job?

Throw chocolate fondue and festive sweater parties!?

What do you like to do on your days off?

Ride bikes with my son or hike. Or go to Flying Apron to indulge in sweets. Take a ferry to go see my mom at her peaceful property when she’s not snow birding.

Are you messy or organized?

A little of both. I can be messy, I like to be tidy. I don’t like to have a lot of “things” around, but I collect paper piles like crazy. Whether at a restaurant or at someone’s desk, I can’t help but to align items in sort of OCD-ish fashion…hopefully without them noticing. Yet, my desk is a cozy, tidy mess. My mind is always trying to plan and organize a big heap of mess into a beautiful outcome.

If you could be anyone from any time period who would it be and why?

I would not miss being “Mom” to my son over any time period trade. But if I had to pick, I think it would be to experience my native ancestry perhaps in the 1400’s, when the Ojibway were just settling into the Lake Superior shores from the east. It would be incredible to experience the day-to-day practices they had.

Any favorite line from a movie?

I can watch, enjoy and absolutely love a movie one hour, and completely be void of any memory of the lines the next. I had a roommate/best friend who loved reciting movie lines, and I was always in awe.

You’re happiest when?

I’m happiest when I’m in the woods or near a noisy body of water.

If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Justin’s Dark Peanut Butter cups. I would declare that a meal.

If your house was burning down, what’s the one non-living thing you would save?

Not a thing. My memories are in my heart. (Cheesy, huh? But true.)

Top 3 life highlights?

My family, my cozy adult version of a tree-house home, and travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment